You’ve seen it on TV, heard it from your friends, and maybe even read it in a magazine…the so-called “Three Day Rule”.
The rule stipulates that after flirting with a girl and getting her number, you should wait three days before initiating contact. This way you don’t look needy, too attached, and can play it cool.
C’mon, who actually believes this nonsense?
I used to. When I was younger I thought that if I held out and built suspense she’d think I was a catch. She’d see that I was busy with my social life and didn’t mind keeping her waiting.
I didn’t question this strategy because everyone else said it was the right thing to do.
In reality, all it did was make girls frustrated and think I wasn’t interested.
Women Want To See Guys They Like
Listen, if a girl had a great time and willingly gave you her number, she wants to hear from you. She knows what she wants and she doesn’t want things to fizzle out. She wants you to hit her up and continue the connection – hopefully into a date.
She’s not sitting there thinking, “He better not call me in the next two days or I’m going to be sooo mad!”
When I first met my girlfriend, we had an incredible night together.
The next day, I called her to reconnect and tell her how much I enjoyed our time. I could tell that she was a bit surprised when she picked up. I set up a date for that same day and everything turned out well.
Now, she tells me how refreshing it was to receive a call so soon instead of a late-night text days later. She was excited to see me again and I showed her that I was different from the pack.
So if you’re looking to stand out above the rest, connect with her the day after. It won’t take you more than a few minutes to make a lasting impression.
- Disregard the “Three Day Rule” – if she likes you, she wants to keep in touch.
- Call her the next day (preferably). It’s personal and has more weight behind it than texting. If you don’t have time, a text is better than nothing.
- If she picks up, your goal is to spark your connection again. Have some light humor and make her remember how much fun it is to talk to you. Then invite her out on a date somewhere.
- If you get her voicemail, leave a brief message. Something like: “Hey, just wanted to say I had an awesome time last night. Hope all is well, talk to you soon!”
- Don’t keep calling her if you left a message. Shoot her a text in a couple of days.